- Main Muscle Worked: Lats
- Other Muscles: Biceps, Middle Back
- Force: Pull
- Take hold of a pull up bar with a wide, overhand grip (palms facing away from you). After you have securely taken hold of the handles, take your feet off the floor so that your body is now hanging from your grip. Pull your heels in towards your glutes so your knees are bent to a 90 degree angle and your hips are pushed forwards. Your arms should be at full extension at this point. This will be your starting position.
- To initiate this movement, exhale and pull your torso upward towards your hands as you contract your biceps and the muscles across your back (more so with your back). Continue to pull yourself up until your chest is as high as it can be.
- After a brief pause, return your torso back along the same path into its starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations:Lat Pulldowns or T-Bar Rows with a Handle.