Non-Monogamy Advice - From DanTrep
Here's a starting list of advice for Non-monogamy success! Add your comments to help add to the list! Let's keep asking the question - Are Open Relationships Common or Taboo?
Keep in touch!
Communicate Openly & Honestly
- Be Truthful/Honest
- Trust (each other and the relationship)
Reassure & Appreciate
- Respect partner and their differences
- Lean to deal with Jealousy
- Build Self-Esteem
Getting Support from a Coach, Therapist or Mentor
- Setting Ground Rules
- Practice Moderation
Impact & Benefits of Non-Monogamy
- Makes relationship more interesting
- Meeting new people enriches what we bring to the relationship.
- Forces us to be more honest.
- Helps us be more willing and comfortable to talk about what's awkward
- We have adventure and join together in new sense of playfulness.
- Encourages us to talk about feelings, perspectives into our relationship.
- Challenges trust, yet helps us hone our sense of trust.
- Helps us evolve.
- Grows a sense of wanting to be together.
- Increased communication muscles
- Our relationship survive, thrives.
- More honesty and openness to the relationship.
- Both reassured about the relationship continuing.
- Gained fuck buddies that become good friends.
- Improved sex lives. "Practice makes better".
- More sexually satisfied.
- Sense of need for novelty is honoured.
Do What Matters to Live, Work and Play a PROUD Life on YOUR TERMS! - Growth, Significance, Contribution, Connection, Belonging