- Main Muscle Worked: Lats
- Other Muscles:Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Pull
- Set the weight to the recommended amount and check that the leg brace is set to the correct height. Take a seat facing the machine (tuck your hips in so they are touching the leg brace) and take a wide, overhand grip with your arms extended towards the ceiling. This is your starting position.
- To initiate the movement, exhale and pull the bar down towards your chest using the muscles across your back and your biceps. Lean back ever so slightly as your pull the weight downwards and lift your chest as much as you can. Continue to pull the bar down until either your muscles are optimally contracted or it is in contact with your chest.
- After a brief pause, inhale and return the bar back along the same path into its starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations:Pull-Ups or Cable Pullovers