Incline Dumbbell Curls
- Main Muscle Worked:Biceps
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Sit down on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Have the dumbbells at arms length. This will be your starting position. Tip:Keep your elbows close to your torso.
- While holding the upper arm stationary, curl the right dumbbell forward while contracting your bicep as you exhale. As you do so, rotate your hand so that the palm is facing up. Continue the movement until your bicep is fully contracted and the dumbbell is at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze your bicep. Tip:Only the forearms should move.
- Slowly begin to bring the dumbbell back to its starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat the movement with your left hand.
- Continue alternating in this manner for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: Standing Alternate Hammer Curls or Single Arm Bicep Curl Machine.