Seated Dumbbell Rear Delt Flyes
- Type: Strength
- Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
- Equipment: Dumbbell
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Level: Intermediate
- Force: Pull
- Grab two dumbbells and take a seat at the end of a bench. Lean forward from your waist whilst maintaining you posture. Lean as far as you can and allow the dumbbells to take their position behind your calves. At this point, your chest should be close to your knees and your palms should be facing one another. This will be your starting position.
- Whilst maintaining good posture, bring the dumbbells out on a wide arc until your arms are parallel to the floor. Ensure you have a slight bend at the elbows and you are exhaling throughout this portion of the movement.
- After a brief pause, slowly descend the dumbbells along the same path to their starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation:Cable Rear Delt Flyes or Rear Delt Flye Machine.