Arnold Dumbbell Press
- Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
- Other Muscles: Triceps
- Force: Push
- Sit on a bench with the back support (just off) vertical. Hold two dumbbells vertical above your head with your palms facing forward.
- To perform the movement, bring the dumbbells down towards your torso until you reach 90 degrees at the elbows. Rotate your wrists as you bring your elbows in towards each other, in front of your body. At this point your palms should be facing your torso. Inhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- After a second pause, reverse the movement and press the dumbbells towards the ceiling, whilst rotating your palms back to the original position (facing forward). Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations:Shoulder Press Machine or Bradford:Rocky Presses.